For Our Veterans
These specific programs include:
- VA Burial Benefits – The VA provides money to assist survivors with burial costs for both service and non-service-related deaths. Service-related deaths are eligible for up to $2,000 in burial expenses, while non-service-related deaths are eligible for up to $749 in burial and funeral expenses.
- Survivor Benefits There are several benefits available to surviving family members of deceased veterans. These benefits range from emotional support to free education.
- The VA Death Pension is a benefit paid to eligible dependents of deceased wartime veterans.
- 1-800-827-1000 http://www.cem.va.gov
- Memorial Programs Service: 1-800-697-6947
- Presidential Memorial Certificate Program: 1-202-565-4259
- Head Stones and Markers: 1-800-697-6947
- Headstones, Markers, and Medallions The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) furnishes upon request, at no charge to the applicant, a Government headstone or marker for the unmarked grave of any deceased eligible Veteran in any cemetery around the world, regardless of their date of death.
- Burial Flag...A United States flag is provided, at no cost, to drape the casket or accompany the urn of a deceased Veteran who served honorably in the U. S. Armed Forces. It is furnished to honor the memory of a Veteran’s military service to his or her country. VA will furnish a burial flag for memorialization for an other than dishonorably discharged:
- National Cemetery Administration FAQ Answers to a lot of Frequently Asked Questions
- Veterans Benefits for Seniors As Veterans age, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will provide benefits and services that address a variety of issues including the changing health risks they face, as well as financial challenges through VA benefits and health services.
- Guide to Financial Assistance for Military Families The American Red Cross is one of the best-known volunteer organizations in the United States, providing relief and assistance to people facing emergency situations. In addition to its many other charitable and volunteer projects, the American Red Cross works with military aid societies to provide assistance to military families that are in need and facing an emergency. These funds can be used for a variety of needs, including emergency travel, burying a loved one, finding food and shelter in an emergency and other similar expenses.This assistance is available through the American Red Cross Hero Care Center, which can be reached at 1-877-272-7337.